Employment with WIC

Local Agency Employment

To find out about job vacancies in your county, contact the WIC Director at your local WIC agency. Go to the Find WIC Clinics page to select the county in which you live and select "Search" for contact information to be displayed.

State Employment

The State WIC office staff are hired through the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission. Go to the D.O.H. Employment Page to learn how to apply for a state position and view open civil service examinations.

An Employment Example:

To apply for a Public Health Nutrition Consultant job opening in Harrisburg, go to the D.O.H. Employment Page and select the link for the State Civil Service Commission. Select the link for Open Test Announcements. Select the link for Medical and Health Services and scroll down to select the Public Health Nutrition Consultant announcement link. Follow all instructions from there. (For this position you will need a minimum of three years experience in the field of nutrition or dietetics AND a master’s degree with a major in food and nutrition, dietetics, community nutrition, or nutrition.)